- SIMPLE DESIGN, BIG IMPACT. Transferring patients or loved ones can be very difficult and dangerous if not done so properly. This is why the DMI Transfer Board is an essential tool for any caregiver or handicapped individual; making transfers significantly easier and safer. FSA Eligible
- EASY, SAFE AND SECURE TRANSFERS make this transfer board the first choice among caregivers and users alike. This board is used to help a person easily and safely transfer from a wheelchair, bed, chair, sofa, commode or other sitting position while minimizing user and caregiver strain or injury
- INTEGRATED DUAL CUTOUT HANDLES offer extra leverage with a safe and secure grip for individuals as they move across the board. Our handle cutouts are large enough to accommodate even extra-large hands while maintaining the structural integrity to hold up to 440 pounds Each handle has been rounded, sanded and sealed for comfort
- THICK, SANDED AND SEALED WOOD ensures easy friction-free transfers. Each durable board has been designed with tapered ends to help aid in patient transfers. These strong wooden boards are evenly sanded and sealed with a smooth surface coating to help prevent cracks, chips or snagged clothing
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Overall Dimensions: 8 inches W x 30 inches L x 0.75 inches H. Wood Type: 3/4 inches thick maple plywood. Weight Capacity: 440 pounds
DMI Deluxe Wood Transfer Board
This sturdy wood transfer board will help you as you transfer people from wheelchair to bed, chair, car or commode. The sealed and coated board allows easier transfers as you help a loved one slide across the glossy surface. The board is also valuable as a mobility aid for those who are living independently and need some assistance transferring from place to place.
Protect Your Back as You Move People
You may have seen transfer boards like this used in some hospitals as they transfer patients from place to place. Now you can have one in your home as well to aid you in transferring yourself or your loved ones. It takes the pressure off your back as you help a person slide from one sitting position to the next without strenuous or dangerous lifting. This durable wood board is strong enough to handle up to 440 pounds so you know you have a stable surface to rely on.
How to Use a Transfer Board
Position one end of the board on the starting point and the other end on the destination to which you want to transfer such as the bed, chair, car or wheelchair. The tapered ends should be facing up to help the person slide onto the board. Try to keep the board as level as possible and be sure to lock any wheelchairs in place first. Help the person to get onto the board then assist them as they slide across it in short movements. We highly recommend using the DMI Gait Belt in conjunction with this board to help assist moving the person. Be sure the person is dry to avoid any friction while transferring.
Always consult a trained professional if you have any questions about using a transfer board. Only attempt using if you have been properly trained.
- Publisher: MABIS DMI Healthcare
- Release Date: 28-06-2010
- UPC: 772195491511
- EAN: 767674427747
- Package Dimensions: 30.2 x 7.7 x 1.1 inches
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.